NSWDL 2017 Season Policy
NSWDL 2017 Season Policy
THE FOLLOWING POLICY IS DESIGNED TO ASSIST THE SMOOTH RUNNING OF OUR COMPETITION AND TO PROTECT THE RELIABLE MAJORITY. IT IS IMPORTANT YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND THE OPERATING RULES AND ENJOY YOUR SEASON TO IT'S FULLEST.
NSWDL will be implementing a new score sheet system. All players need to be registered to a team in order to quality for finals. All registered players for your team will be listed on the score sheet.
1. Make sure all of your players are listed on the score sheet. Any players not listed on the sheet will not be registered for that round, and therefore it cannot count towards being qualified for finals.
2. Substitutes need to be written on the score sheet under the fill in/subs section. Referees need to be notified of any fill ins prior to the match start.
1. Please arrive early for your matches
2. Please come and help set up or pack down depending on your game times.
3. Please ensure your team is available to line ref. All line refereeing duties will be posted alongside the fixtures for each round which can be found on the NSWDL Facebook page.
1. Fixtures will be displayed on the ADL website and found on the NSWDL Facebook page.
1. Match fees need to be paid in full before the start of your game. If your game has not been paid for, the game cannot begin. All players are required to pay a one-time registration fee of $25, and teams are required to pay a game fee of $60 per game, each round.
2. Fees can be paid to the NSWDL bank account or paid in cash to a board representative.
1. Teams with a full roster of 6 players are NOT permitted additional subs.
2. Subs can only be utilised to replace the space of absent members. For example, if a team is down 2 players they can only get 2 subs and no more.
1. All teams must play all of their fixture games during the season; the only time a team will not play a game is in the event of a bye in the competition. Although teams are allocated a fixture, some teams may forfeit. A team that forfeits a fixture game will still be charge full match fees.
2. Teams who forfeit a match are still required to pay their match fees.
3. Multiple forfeits may result in removal from the competition at the discretion of the board.
4. The non-offending team will receive 2 win points.
5. Teams must play with at least 4 registered players for the match to qualify for win points. Any team with less than 4 registered players playing in any given round will be considered a "walk over" and the opposing team will be handed the win points.
6. At the starting buzzer the undermanned team will lose 1 set. If the team is still short after 5 minutes the team loses another set. After 10 minutes the match is considered a walkover. The non-offending team shall receive 2 win points plus an 8-0 score line.
- Win: 2 points
- Draw: 1 point
- Bye: 2 points
- Forfeit: 2 points plus score line of 8-0
1. Players must play a minimum of 8 matches to qualify for finals. Players must be marked down on the score sheets to make sure the games count towards final qualifications. Referees will mark off all players on the score card before the match.
1. All teams must have at least 2 females on court at all times.
2. Any teams without 2 females on court must play with fewer players. E.g: If a team has no females they will be restricted to 4 players on court.
firstname.lastname@example.org or message our facebook page.